Pork Buns – 12 Pack
12 Pcs. Cooked Pork Belly (sliced)
9 oz. Pickled Cucumber Slices
9 oz. Hoisin Sauce
12 Pcs. Steamed Buns
Momofuku Pork Buns from David Chang have been a fan-favorite for almost 20 years. The irresistible combination of roasted pork belly, hoisin sauce, lightly pickled cucumbers, and scallions on a steamed bun has earned worldwide recognition.
Straight from Momofuku’s kitchens in New York, the pork belly is brined for 24 hours, then roasted. All you have to do is sear the sliced pork belly in a pan, then assemble your steamed buns!
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
How to Steam the Buns:
1) Place buns onto a plate that has been lightly greased with oil.
2) Spray some water onto the buns, then plastic wrap the whole plate tightly.
3) Microwave in 15 seconds intervals until the buns are soft and consume immediately.
Or Method 2:
1) Steam the buns directly in a steamer pot, lined with parchment paper, over simmering water. This will take 2-3 minutes. Steam until soft and fluffy throughout.
Assembling the Pork Buns:
1) Buns would need to be steamed prior to starting this process.
2) Preheat a non-stick skillet, or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet, on low-medium heat.
3) Sear pork belly slices on 1 side, for about 60-90 seconds, and flip it.
4) Sear the 2nd side for the same amount of time.
5) You’re looking for a light browning of the meat, and to heat it through. Its internal temperature should be at least 165’F.
6) Split the steamed buns at the seam, and apply hoisin sauce liberally on both sides of the buns, place a few slices of pickled cucumbers on the bottom side, and place 1 piece of seared pork belly slice over the cucumbers.
7) Fold top side over, serve and consume immediately.